Position: Manager - Facilitation & Capacity Building
CARE works in 94 countries and is one of the world's leading international humanitarian agencies, working to help people achieve social and economic well-being, while being among the best in their fields. We put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities.
We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs that poverty is an injustice, poverty is solvable, and together, we have the power to end it, then join us. Currently, CARE Bangladesh is looking for potential candidates for the position of Manager - Facilitation & Capacity Building under Local Economic Development Project.
If you are an experienced professional who is not only aligned with our values, but also wants to make a difference, develop and inspire others, drive innovative ideas and deliver results – then we are looking for you!
PLEASE NOTE that this position is subject to project award and funding. So, potential candidates will be contracted accordingly. Also, the post holder will be employed on a local contract. This position is open only for Bangladeshi nationals and foreign nationals those have work permit for Bangladesh.
The Local Economic Development Project aims to improve the income and wellbeing of small and medium entrepreneurs, their employees, and citizens through local inclusive economic growth, equitable employment creation and access to basic services.
The 18 months inception phase of LED will test the potential for LED in two selected districts in Bangladesh, but strives in the mid-term to deliver a ‘LED Model’ which can be up-scaled throughout the country. The project team will work at national level and the district level as initial facilitators of LED processes and capacity development.
In the beginning of the inception phase, the team needs to generate an understanding of what other actors are interested and willing to actively engage in to shape their locality, and obtain a better understanding of the involved functional economic areas and the affected local government institutions. Also, and importantly, very early in the inception phase, the team needs to confirm the suitability of the chosen localities and the suitability of the selected LED hosts. However, strengths and weaknesses of the involved actors might only become apparent when they start engaging (or not) in the LED process.
Position Title & Location
Manager - Facilitation & Capacity Building
1 position, based at CARE Bangladesh Dhaka Office
I. Job Summary:
The Manager - Facilitation & Capacity Building is responsible for providing management and technical support for effective and quality implementation of project.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks:
% of Time
- Develop an initial LED Toolkit based on experiences from other contexts.
- Develop a curriculum for the LED capacity development events supported by an international LED expert.
- Organize and facilitate the LED capacity development events.
- Support the local government to mobilize local public and private stakeholders into the LED process.
- In collaboration with the international LED expert design and facilitate the rapid diagnosis of local economies in pilot districts and, based on the results, support the planning of the implementation of resulting improvement projects.
- Develop and implement the strategy and process to distribute incentive and seed money among planned LED projects in collaboration with the Project Director.
- Support the Team Leader in the planning of the main implementation phase and development of relevant planning documents (Project Document, budget, log frame, etc.).
- Update the LED Toolkit by integrating lessons learned during the pilot activities as a basis for LED activities in the first implementation phase.
- Co-decide on selection criteria and budget allocation for seed-financing selected local LED activities.
- Co-decide on additional studies to be commissioned.
- Ensure gender and social inclusion in work place and encourage open and honest communication based on mutual respect within the spirit of CARE's core values.
III. Reporting to:
IV. Working Conditions:
Position will be based in Dhaka with visits to field location
V. Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience, incl. capacity building, facilitation and consultancy in local and regional economic development projects and programs.
- Master’s in Business Administration, Economics, Public Administration or Social Science.
- Profound technical expertise and work experience in local and regional economic development, good governance, value chain development, market system development, business services, SME promotion, business and investment climate and related fields.
- Committed to achieving results in a short time frame and under time pressure.
- Sensitivity to political issues; knowledge of political and governance structures in Bangladesh is a necessity.
- Highly communicative and transparent; excellent writing skills.
- Proven track record in developing curricula, training and process manuals and toolkits in the field of economic development.
- Fluency in English, working knowledge of Bangla would be an asset.
- Good understanding of MS Office applications.
VI. Core Competencies:
- Operational decision making skill.
- Developing Teams.
- Coaching and counseling.
- Analytical skill.
- Collaboration & negotiation skill.
- Building partnership.
- Stress tolerance.
A more detailed Job Description will be provided at the time of joining.
Candidates need to be highly motivated and committed to CARE Bangladesh’s vision, mission, and long-term development work to significantly improve the lives of the most vulnerable and marginalized. Candidates must be capable of displaying great learning agility, support and encouragement of knowledge sharing across projects, to the ultimate benefit of all of CARE’s mission wide initiatives.
This is an interesting time in the development of CARE as an organization which is shifting towards a program approach where it has developed longer-term impact visions to have more sustainable changes in the lives of the extreme poor and marginalized.
CARE Bangladesh is looking for a Manager - Facilitation & Capacity Building who will play a key role in the Local Economic Development Project whilst, at the same time, building a learning culture that promotes excellence and knowledge sharing across CARE Bangladesh.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the deserving person. In addition, CARE offers PF, Gratuity, Bonus, Leave encashment, Life Insurance, benefits for working mothers, Baby care facility etc.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply through CARE Bangladesh’s e-recruitment site: http://www.er-carebangladesh.org/care-recruitment/home on or before December 12, 2017.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Any persuasion will disqualify the candidates.
- Internal and external applicants shall be treated equally in the entire selection process.